Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics, and Cybernetics, Czech Technical University in Prague
Science Park Building Rimska 28, 44 000 Sisak, Croatia
The Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics, and Cybernetics (CIIRC CTU) is the newest institute of the Czech Technical University in Prague, established in 2013. CIIRC CTU´s research focuses on four basic pillars: industry, energy, smart cities, and healthy society, all implemented in basic and applied research.
CIIRC CTU aims to become a leading European centre for artificial intelligence. CIIRC CTU´s research centers on cutting-edge research in the fields of computer science, robotics, cybernetics, artificial intelligence and related areas, especially machine learning, optimization, automated reasoning, machine perception, computer vision, intelligent, distributed and complex systems, automatic control, computer-aided manufacturing, energy transport, smart homes and smart cities, bioinformatics, biomedicine, and assistive technologies.
CIIRC CTU´s 8 research departments are complemented by specialized academic transfer centers National Centre for Industry 4.0, Center of City of The Future, Testbed for Industry 4.0 and RICAIP Centre.
The DIH vision is to implement the Industry 4.0 concept by providing the research potential and know-how transfer to the Czech industry (mainly to SMEs) in the field of manufacturing. CIIRC CTU as coordinating organisation provides its unique resources – strong university background, excellent research capacities, exceptional focus on excellent EU projects and partners, and running infrastructure.
1. Industry 4.0 principles implementation
- Digital Maturity Assessment: evaluation of digital readiness level including a strategy plan development
- Collaborative research, proof of concept, testing and validation: use of Testbed for Industry 4.0 as an experimental workplace for joint research, development, and testing innovative solutions and processes for smart factories in cooperation with industry
2. Digital innovation knowledge management
- Mentoring, education and skills development: thematic education workshops with focus in particular on Industry 4.0 concept, on demand training and demonstrations
- Incubator support: supporting creation of startups/spinoffs, operating together with the CTU Media Lab Foundation the accelerator of eClub start-up teams
- Funding opportunities identification, partner search
- Providing market studies: on demand or general, e.g. Analysis of Czech Industry 2020
3. Ecosystem building
- Community events: thematic workshops, conferences and networking events matching together main stakeholders – academia, government members and industrial partners
- Awareness creation: e.g. Open House Day in Testbed for Industry 4.0 and National Centre for Industry 4.0, National Summit of Industry 2020, newsletter Bulletin of Industry 4.0 (mainly in Czech language as designed for local audiences)
- Development of national/regional digitalisation strategies: consultations, market studies, opinion provision (i.e. National Initiative for Industry 4.0 2016, National AI Strategy 2019)
- Ecosystem activation while addressing current challenges: under Covid crisis, e.g. development and transfer to mass production of CIIRC RP95 Half Mask , development and transfer into use of robotic station that helps pipette samples