Apulia Region (Italy) Digital Innovation Hub
@Confindustria Bari e BAT | Via Amendola, 172/5 – 70126 Bari – ITALY
MEDISDIH Scarl is the evolution of the Mechatronic Technological Cluster – MEDIS Scarl that, operating since already ten years on the Apulian territory, has gained a relevant experience in the integration of innovative activities of large companies, SMEs, private research centres as well as Universities and public research centers for the development of mechatronics and digital enabling technologies and their technological transfer to the territory. In the year 2018, the Cluster has synergistically integrated the Digital Innovation Hub (DIH) activities in its pre-existing ones, thus becoming MEDISDIH Scarl, the Mechatronic Cluster and Digital Innovation Hub of Apulia Region.
MEDISDIH is constituted in the form of a limited liability consortium company between public and private partners able to comprehensively represent the Apulian innovation ecosystem. They include universities of the region, public and private research centres, large industrial groups as well as large companies and local SMEs operating in highly technological industrial sectors.
MEDISDIH Public Members are: Polytechic of Bari, University of Bari “Aldo Moro”, National Research Council – CNR.
MEDISDIH Private Members are: Confindustria Bari e BAT; Centro Ricerche Fiat S.C.p.A.; Marelli Europe SpA; Itel Telecomunicazioni S.r.l.; MER MEC S.p.A.; MASMEC S.p.A.; Centro Studi Componenti per Veicoli S.p.A.; MAGNA PT S.p.A.; FPT Industrial S.p.A.; Exprivia S.p.A..
As a statutory provision, MEDISDIH can rely on the technical and scientific skills of its Partners to carry out its institutional activities.
MEDISDIH is a Digital Innovation Hub promoted in Italy by Confindustria (the main Association representing manufacturing and service companies in Italy) and registered in the European Digital Innovation Hub catalog.
MEDISDIH takes advantage of skills and experience gained in the coordination of relevant Research and Innovation Projects that have led to the digitization of production processes of several technologically advanced partner companies, able to oversee global markets. In this way MEDISDIH aims to support all manufacturing companies of Apulian Territory in operating a digital transition at their measure. The main aim is to increase added value of companies products/processes in order to boost their competitiveness on the market.
In supporting Apulian SMEs, MEDISDIH can count on the collaboration of its highly skilled Partners and of the National Competence Centers to ensure that the digital innovations implemented by the companies of the territory could have the gaze already turned to those of the near future.
As a Digital Innovation Hub (DIH), MEDISDIH offers the following services:
- orientation, awareness and training on I4.0 technological opportunities
- assessment of digital maturity level
- supporting SMEs in the analysis of needs, opportunities and I4.0 technological options
- support in conceiving and planning Industry 4.0 projects
- access to national and European Competence Centers
- collaboration with national technology clusters
- legal, tax, business modelling and evaluation of investments 4.0
- access to public and private funding, regional, national and European
- interaction with European DIHs
Consistently to its mission, MEDISDIH is strongly involved in the promotion of industrial product and/or process innovations integrating the multidisciplinary mechatronic technologies supported by digital ones.
MEDISDIH aims to help local enterprises, especially SMEs, to increase their competitiveness on global markets, working to promote:
- I4.0 company organization based on digital tools for information sharing and decision support;
- Evolved value chains and relationships between Dealers, OEMs and Tiers made possible by the new sharing information tools between partner companies in the different stages of the production process;
- New generation of products and services.
In addition to making the digital technology transfer to any digital maturity level enterprise, MEDISDIH aims to involve the Apulian enterprises, Research Organizations and Universities in the main European, National and Regional digital innovation initiatives with particular reference to enabling technology applications in the Automotive, Robotics, Manufacturing, Health, Agri-food, Infrastructure, inspection and maintenance sectors.
MEDISDIH focuses on following S3 strategic Areas:
- Smart Manufacturing (I4.0)
- Human and Environmental Health
- Energy, Environment, Smart Mobility
- Human Health
MEDISDIH cover the following specific Key Enabling Technologies (KET):
- Micro and nano-electronics
- Advanced Materials
- Advanced production systems
and their strengthening by means of the implementation of advanced digital technologies such as: